Tired of low quality chargers that last for two weeks before exploding, and don't even power your Raspberry Pi properly? You need ModMyPi's HQ 5V 2A detachable USB mains charger which has been specifically developed by us for use with the Raspberry Pi!
Why is it better than other chargers?
- We've jacked up the voltage to provide a clean 5.25V rather than the 'standard' 5V. The Raspberry Pi, when plugged in to numerous peripherals will draw a significant current through the USB cable, resulting in a voltage drop. Placing a multimeter across the TP1 and TP2 power lines will reveal that the Raspberry Pi is barely hanging on with a voltage of 4.7V or so on most low quality chargers. This can cause numerous problems, such as repeat keyboard strokes, peripheral cut-outs, random restarts, intermittently slow Ethernet or Wifi connections, or worst of all not even power the Pi at all! Raising the original output voltage of the charger to 5.25V counteracts any voltage drop, meaning the Raspberry Pi will receive a steady voltage of 5V or slightly over.
- USB specification allows for up to 5.25V for all 5V USB electronics, so these chargers are safe, and will make up for any losses due to using high current peripherals, or thin USB cables. Basically, you can use it wherever USB 5V power is needed, with no risk of damage, and it will happily work at the full current range, no matter what cable you use!
- The power adaptor will accept inputs of 100V to 240V at 50 - 60Hz, so will work in all countries around the world with the use of a UK to US or EU adaptor, and provides a clean regulated maximum output of up to 2A.
- It's fitted with a functioning UK Earth terminal contact point (not the cheap plastic earth point that most have installed), so you can be ensured of safety if the device does short out. This will also help with any issues or electronic interference (which sometimes occurs along HDMI cables when the TV and Pi are located on the same power line).
- There's even a green LED, which will light up when power is supplied to the unit!
The charger features a USB 'A' type port on the bottom, so you will require a USB to Micro USB cable to use it with the Pi.
- Designed for specific use with the Raspberry Pi
- This compact, energy efficient USB charger has a high 5.25V, 2A output.
- Item can be used for a variety of products which can be charged via a male USB cable
- LED power indicator will let you know when the unit is powered
- Input: 100-240V @ 50 - 60Hz
- Functioning UK Earth Pin for extra safety
- CE approved, and conforms to British Standards.
- Materials used to manufacture this charger are ROHS compliant
- Suitable for charging eBooks, iPods, iPhones, PSP's, PDA's, digital cameras and mobile phones.
USB to Micro USB Cable NOT INCLUDED
More information on Troubleshooting RPi power problems is available here.