The RedBear Duo is a Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) development kit. The RedBear Duo leverages its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections to connect to the Particle Cloud, publish and subscribe to online events, trigger webhooks, and update firmware over the air.
The Duo is perfect for applications where you want to leverage BLE for low-power local communications with other BLE sensors and devices with the flexibility of waking up Wi-Fi to send data and communications back to the Cloud on a regular interval. Best of all, the RedBear Duo is compatible with all Particle development tools, including our Web IDE, Desktop IDE, and our developer Console.
This board can ship with or without headers. Units with headers are great for using with breadboards; units without headers are best for surface mounting and special applications.
Access to the Device Cloud includes:
- Device Cloud FREE for first 100 devices (learn more)
Device Cloud Features:
- Device Management
- Over the Air Firmware Updates
- Fully Managed Connectivity
- Developer Tools
- STMicroelectronics STM32F205 ARM Cortex-M3 @ 120MHz, 128 KB SRAM and 1MB Flash
- Broadcom BCM43438 Wi-Fi 802.11n (2.4GHz only) + Bluetooth 4.1 (Dual Mode) combo chip
- Onboard 16 Mbit (2 MB) SPI Flash
- Integrated chip antenna with the option to connect external antenna
- 18 GPIO pins
- RGB status LED
- Small single-sided PCB for easy mounting on other PCB boards
- Dimensions: 40 x 20 x13 mm
**RedBear is becoming a part of the Particle Family**
The RedBear Team will continue to provide technical support through our support forum on http://discuss.redbear.cc.
- RedBear Duo will continue to be available through Q1 2019.
- All development of additional features/libraries are stopped with the exception of using Particle WebIDE.
- Developing with Particle WebIDE will be supported through Q3 2019.
- Technical support for other development methods will be provided till end of September 2018.
- BLE Nano v2 hardware will continue to be available through Q1 2019, no additional features will be developed and supported through September 2019.
- MB-N2 BLE module will continue to be available through Q1 2019.
- All other products will be discontinued once the existing stocks are cleared and supported till end of September 2018.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)