Details*UC00A is now in Rev3.0.
No more level shifter is necessary for PC to Microcontroller communication!Description:Serial communication is most popular interface between device and this applies to microcontroller and computer. UART is one of those serial interfaces. Classically, most serial interface from microcontroller to computer is done through serial port (DB9). However, since computer serial port used RS232 protocol and microcontroller used TTL UART, a level shifter is needed between these interfaces. Recently, serial port of computer have been phase out, it have been replaced with USB. Of course most developer chooses USB to serial converter to obtain virtual serial port. The level shifter is still necessary for UART interface. Thus, Cytron decided to develop a USB to UART converter which offers USB plug and play, direct interface with microcontroller and it provide low current 5V supply from USB port.UC00A are compatible for Window XP, Vista, Win7 (32-bit and 64-bit) and it appear as Virtual COM port on computer.
USB miniB cable is not included.Features:
Dimension: 3.9cm x 2cm
- FTDI FT232RL USB to serial IC
- Low cost yet easy to use USB to UART converter
- Aiming development between computer and microcontroller, 3.3V or 5V logic.
- USB powered, no external source is required to use this converter
- 5V from USB port is available for user.
- Configurable for 3.3V/5V UART interface.
- Easy to use 4 pin interface: Tx, Rx, Gnd and 5V.
- CTS, RTS, DTR and DSR is pull out to standard header pin solder-able PCB pad.
- Plug and Play, driver is needed for 1st time user only.
- Rev2.0 add 6 ways header socket for bootloading code in to Arduino compatible board (BBFuino, PROMINI, Fio, ArduPilot, etc.
- UC00A - USB to UART Converter
- UART - Universal Asynchronous Receiver and Tranmitter
- UC00A - More Than A USB to UART Converter
- Low Cost Wireless UART
- BBFuino - Display Temperature from LM35
- Project 13 - UART to Computer
- Serial Loopback Test, to verify the working of UC00A
Please download drivers from FTDI official website